2021 Alley and Parking Lot Reconstruction Project:
LaLonde Contractors, Inc of Waukesha is under contract with the Village of Whitefish Bay to reconstruct several alleys with pavement deterioration and expand the Marlborough Drive Municipal Parking Lot (aka: Winkies Lot. Alley work will include the removal of the existing alley surface, installation of a new storm sewer, permeable pavers, concrete pavement, needed garage and driveway apron work, and landscape restoration.
In addition to providing a newly constructed alley, this project will provide storm water quality improvements with the assistance of MMSD Green Solutions Fund stormwater funding. Permeable paving bricks with an underdrain system will be installed in the middle of the new concrete alley, filtering out pollutants as well as reducing the storm water quantity generated through the detention of stormwater during rain events. The municipal parking lot south of Winkies/ Bruegger’s Bagels will be expanded to the south through the use of permeable pavers as well.
The contractor has supplied the Village with the below detailed construction start date schedule (all work is weather permitting):
- Tuesday, July 20, 2021: Alley north of 100-200 W. Henry Clay St., weather permitting.
- Monday, July 26, 2021: Alley-5200-5300 Lydell and Bay Ridge Avenues, weather permitting.
- Monday, August 2, 2021: Alley-5300-5500 Lydell and Bay Ridge Avenues, weather permitting.
- Mid - August, 2021: Alley behind Silver Spring Drive between Kent Ave and Shoreland Ave
- Sept. / Oct. 2021: Municipal Parking Lot expansion (South of Winkies/Bruegger’s Bagels)
The Public Works Department staff understands the inconvenience that this project may create for you and greatly appreciates your patience and understanding. Please be careful, slow down and pay extra attention when driving around this and all construction zones. If you should have any questions regarding this project, feel free to contact:
Spencer Charczuk, EIT, Staff Engineer 414-962-6690 extension 123 or firstname.lastname@example.org.