Tax bills were sent to households the week of December 10th. If you did not receive your property tax bill please visit the Village website or contact Village Hall.
WHEN IS MY TAX BILL DUE?
Due date is January 31, 2019.
An installment payment option is available. There is no need to sign up for the installment option, but payments must be made timely. If any installment payment is missed, the installment option is lost and the entire balance becomes due in full. Installment payments of taxes and other charges as indicated on your tax bill are due as follows:
- 1st Installment due by January 31
- 2nd Installment due by March 31 (March 31 is a Sunday. Please plan accordingly)
- Final Installment due by May 31
HOW DO I FIND MY TAX INFORMATION?
- Visit the Property Tax Portal and search for your property address.
- (If needed) After completing the search, click your property address labeled in green or red.
- Select the 'Taxes' tab.
HOW DO I MAKE A PAYMENT?
- By Mail (Preferred)
- Make check payable to the Village of Whitefish Bay
- Send check to Village of Whitefish Bay, 5300 N. Marlborough Drive, Whitefish Bay, 53217
- In Person at Associated Bank, 430 E Silver Spring Drive, Whitefish Bay, 53217
- Lobby Hours, M-F, 9am to 6pm, Saturday 9am to 1pm
- December 24 open 9am to 2pm, December 31 open 9am to 6pm
- Closed December 25 and January 1
- On the Village Website, www.wfbvillage.org
- From website, click “Online Payments” on bottom of page and select “Pay Property Taxes”
- Enter Payment Type (real estate or personal property), Name and Address, and Card information
- User Fees Do Apply:
- Credit Cards – 2.39% per Transaction, $1.50 minimum
- Electronic Check - $1.50
- 24-Hour Night Depository
- Located in entrance of Village Hall
- Deposits made prior to midnight will be processed using that day’s date
HOW DO I OBTAIN A RECEIPT?
Receipts can be obtained in one of three ways:
- Use the Village website, www.wfbvillage.org, receipts may be printed anytime at your convenience
- Include a self-addressed stamped envelope with payment sent via mail or night deposit box
- Receipts will not be sent if self-addressed stamped envelope is not included
- Receive receipt at time of payment in person
WHAT HAPPENS IF I DO NOT PAY ON TIME?
For any property tax bill where payment is not made timely, the bill is considered delinquent and the remaining balance is subject to interest and penalty. If a payment is missed, the installment plan is no longer available and the balance is due in full. Pursuant to Wisconsin State Statutes and Village of Whitefish Bay Municipal Code, delinquent property tax bills are charged 1.5% interest and penalty per month (in the calculation of interest and penalty, a partial month is considered a full month). Interest and penalty are charged retroactive to February 1, 2019.