COVID-19 Update 3/23/20: There have been no changes to the statutory due date for property taxes. The 3rd installment of property taxes are due May 31st. The Village does not have the ability to waive late fees for late payments.
How to make payment:
- Payments on-line can be made here.
- Mail check to Village of Whitefish Bay. All payments received with postmark of May 31 will be honored.
- Drop check in dropbox at Village Hall (in front vestibule).
- Associated Bank drive-thru (lobby is closed)
Tax bills were sent to households the week of December 9, 2019. If you do not receive your property tax bill by December 20, 2019 please visit the Village website or contact Village Hall.
WHEN IS MY TAX BILL DUE?
Due date is January 31, 2020. Residents have the option to pay property taxes and other charges as indicated on your tax bill in installments. Installment due dates are as follows:
- 1st Installment due by January 31
- 2nd Installment due by March 31
- Final Installment due by May 31 (May 31 is a Sunday - please plan accordingly.)
Please note – if any installment payment is missed, the installment option is no longer available and the entire balance becomes due in full.
HOW DO I FIND MY TAX INFORMATION?
- Visit the Property Tax Portal and search for your property address.
- (If needed) After completing the search, click your property address labeled in green or red.
- Select the ’Taxes’ tab.
HOW DO I MAKE A PAYMENT?
- The Village has partnered with Associated Bank on Silver Spring for tax collection. Please note that the Lobby of Associated Bank is closed until further notice, Payments may be through the Drive Through Lane (No Cash) or Drop Box. Receipts will be mailed. Associated Bank offers extended weekday and Saturday hours. Associated Bank is located right next to Sendik’s at 430 E Silver Spring Drive, Whitefish Bay, 53217.
- By Mail
- Make check payable to the Village of Whitefish Bay.
- Send check to Village of Whitefish Bay, 5300 N. Marlborough Drive, Whitefish Bay, 53217
- On the Village Website, www.wfbvillage.org
- From website, click “Online Payments” on bottom of page
- User Fees Do Apply:
- Credit Cards – 2.39% per Transaction, $1.50 minimum
- Electronic Check - $1.50
- Village Hall 24-Hour Night Depository
- Located in entrance of Village Hall
- Deposits made prior to midnight will be processed using that day’s date
HOW DO I OBTAIN A RECEIPT?
Receipts can be obtained in one of three ways:
- Use the Village website, www.wfbvillage.org, receipts may be printed anytime at your convenience
- Include a self-addressed stamped envelope with payment sent via mail or night deposit box
- Receipts will not be sent if self-addressed stamped envelope is not included
- Receive receipt at time of payment in person
WHAT HAPPENS IF I DO NOT PAY ON TIME?
For any property tax bill where payment is not made timely, the bill is considered delinquent and the remaining balance is subject to interest and penalty. If a payment is missed, the installment plan is no longer available and the balance is due in full. Pursuant to Wisconsin State Statutes and Village of Whitefish Bay Municipal Code, delinquent property tax bills are charged 1.5% interest and penalty per month (in the calculation of interest and penalty, a partial month is considered a full month). Interest and penalty are charged retroactive to February 1, 2020.
HOW DOES THE VILLAGE WIDE REASSESSMENT EFFECT MY TAXES?
Overall, the Village of Whitefish Bay experienced a 16% increase in assessed value. However, revaluations are revenue neutral. In other words, an increase in total property value does not necessarily mean that the Village of Whitefish Bay and/or other taxing jurisdictions will collect more tax dollars. Property assessments are used to determine each owner’s share of the total tax burden. Therefore, some owner’s shares will increase, some will decrease and some will stay about the same depending on how their assessment changed in relation to the average increase of 16%.