WHEN IS MY TAX BILL DUE?
Due date is January 31, 2022. Residents have the option to pay property taxes and other charges as indicated on your tax bill in installments. Installment due dates are as follows:
- 1st Installment due by January 31
- 2nd Installment due by March 31
- Final Installment due by May 31 (May 30 is Memorial Day - please plan accordingly.)
Please note – if any installment payment is missed, the installment option is no longer available and the entire balance becomes due in full.
HOW DO I MAKE A PAYMENT?
- By Mail
- Make check payable to the Village of Whitefish Bay
- Send check to Village of Whitefish Bay, 5300 N. Marlborough Drive, Whitefish Bay, 53217
- On the Village Website, www.wfbvillage.org
- From website, click “Online Payments” on bottom of page
- User Fees Do Apply:
- Credit/Debit Cards – 2.39% per Transaction, $1.50 minimum
- Electronic Check - $1.50
- Village Hall 24-Hour Night Depository
- Located in entrance of Village Hall
- Deposits made prior to midnight will be processed using that day’s date
- Please note Associated Bank will not be collecting taxes this year.
- Please do not combine tax payments with other types of payments.
- Verify checks for accuracy and include a phone number in case of problems.
HOW DO I OBTAIN A RECEIPT?
Receipts can be obtained in one of three ways:
- Use the Village website, www.wfbvillage.org, receipts may be printed anytime at your convenience
- For a YouTube walkthrough visit: https://youtu.be/u4DBP44jcu0
- Include a self-addressed stamped envelope with payment sent via mail or night deposit box
- Receipts will not be sent if self-addressed stamped envelope is not included
- Receive receipt at time of payment in person
WHAT HAPPENS IF I DO NOT PAY ON TIME?
For any property tax bill where payment is not made timely, the bill is considered delinquent and the remaining balance is subject to interest and penalty. When paying in installments, if a payment is missed, the installment plan is no longer available and the balance is due in full. Pursuant to Wisconsin State Statutes and Village of Whitefish Bay Municipal Code, delinquent property tax bills are charged 1.5% interest and penalty per month (in the calculation of interest and penalty, a partial month is considered a full month). Interest and penalties are charged retroactive to February 1, 2022.