- You must be a citizen of the United States
- You must be at least 18 years of age on Election Day
- You must be a resident of the Village of Whitefish Bay for at least 28 consecutive days
- You must be able to provide your valid Wisconsin driver’s license number. If a valid driver’s license has not been issued, the voter must provide the last four digits of their Social Security number. If the voter does not have a Social Security number, they must indicate so on the registration form.
How to Register
In person at Village Hall
You can register at Village Hall between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday beginning 2 weeks before the election up until the Friday before the election. You are no longer able to register in person at Village Hall on the Monday before the election.
Showing proof of Residence
Voters registering within 20 days of an election are required to provide proof of residence showing current and complete name and current and complete Whitefish Bay address. A corroborating witness may no longer be used.
Registering by Mail
You can register by mail up to 20 days prior to an election. For first-time Wisconsin registrants registering by mail, you must also provide proof of residence, showing current and complete name and Whitefish Bay address.
Registering at Your Polling Place
You can register at your polling place on Election Day.
Acceptable Proof of Residence
- A current and valid Wisconsin Driver’s License or Wisconsin Identification Card
- A current gas, electric or telephone statement (Utility Bill) for the period not earlier than 90 days of an election
- Any other official identification card or license issued by a Wisconsin governmental body or unit
- A real estate tax bill or receipt for the current year or the year preceding the date of election
- A residential lease which is effective for a period that includes Election Day. This may not be used by first-time voters registering by mail.
- A University, College or Technical Institute fee card or identification card (must include photo)
- A current bank statement
- A current payroll check