Absentee ballots are available approximately two weeks prior to an election. If you are not registered to vote in the Village of Whitefish Bay, you have to register before you can obtain an absentee ballot. The absentee ballot application must be filled out and submitted in full before an absentee ballot may be issued.
Absentee ballots are counted at the polls on Election Day.
How to Obtain an Absentee Ballot
Requesting an Absentee Ballot by Mail
Submit a written request with the following information:
- Name of each registered voter requesting a ballot
- Each voter's date of birth
- Voter's Whitefish Bay address
- Signature of each voter requesting a ballot
- Address to which the ballot should be mailed (if different from the home address)
Requesting an Absentee Ballot via Fax
You may make a request for absentee ballots via fax at 414-962-5651 or by Email. The request must contain the same information as stated above.
- If a request is originally submitted via fax or email, the originally signed request for the absentee ballot must be returned with the voted ballot
- If you would like to make a request for an absentee ballot via email, please email the Assistant Clerk
- Absentee ballots are no longer faxed or emailed to registered voters. They are mailed via the U.S. postal system
You may vote absentee in person at Village Hall
You may cast an absentee ballot at Village Hall from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. beginning on the third Monday before each election. The last day to cast an in-person absentee ballot at Village Hall is 5 p.m. on the Friday before each election. Village Hall is open until 5 p.m. on the Friday before the election.
Military and Overseas Absentee Voters
- Military voters are exempt from having to register to vote
- Overseas voters must register to vote, but are not required to provide proof of residence; overseas voters may vote for federal offices only
- Military voters and overseas voters may apply for an absentee ballot using the Federal Post Card Application (FPCA). This form also serves as a voter registration form for overseas voters. Ballots can be faxed or emailed to military and overseas voters, but must be returned via the postal system.
Permanent Absentee Voters
Registered electors who are indefinitely confined because of age, physical illness, or infirmity may request that an absentee ballot be sent automatically for every election.
Return the absentee ballot request form to:
For more information, please contact the Village Clerk's office at 414-962-6690 or visit the Government Accountability Board website.