About the Project
The project will involve the replacement of problematic sidewalks, carriage walks, driveway approaches, and some curb within the Village Right of Way. As the village policy states, “All sidewalk improvements shall be made in order to eliminate trip hazards as first priority. Efforts are made in every possible case to improve drainage where a trip hazard is being eliminated, however, drainage problems are not addressed in areas where a trip hazard does not exist unless directed specifically to do so by the abutting property owner.”
Schedule of Program
Every year the Village reviews a section of the Village for the Sidewalk Improvement Program. The following schedule is used for review then construction:
- Fall - In the Fall prior to the construction year, the sidewalks for a specific section are reviewed and marked with white paint (circles and L's) to be replaced.
- Spring - The next Spring, the same section of the Village is again evaluated prior to the beginning to construction to verify markings from the first review and identify any new issues.
- Summer - Construction is then scheduled to be performed during the Summer school break.
- Uneven Squares - An offset in the surface has developed that is ¾” or greater.
- Cracks - A crack greater of ¼” wide or greater exists.
- Spalled Surface - The surface has decayed creating an unsafe condition.
- Deteriorated Joints - The joints have an eroded condition and are ¾” wide or greater.
- Holes - Holes in the surface.
Please contact Staff Engineer Spencer Charczuk at 414-962-6690, ext. 123 or by email with any questions.