Whitefish Bay Public Library
The Whitefish Bay Public Library was established in 1937 in the basement of the old Village Hall. The original building for the library was built in 1955, but due to a large increase in circulation it was expanded and remodeled in June of 2002.
Through this expansion the current library can offer materials in more formats, two lovely reading rooms, study rooms, a program room for library and public use, 11 internet stations, and additional programming.
The mission of the Library is to provide the highest quality resources for information, recreation, and lifelong learning for Village residents of all ages.
- Serve the community as a center of reliable information.
- Maintain the best possible collection and organize it for easy access.
- Provide access to materials not owned by the Library.
- Support the educational, civic, and cultural activities, individuals, and groups.
- Encourage children to read and to use the library.
- Maintain a welcoming physical environment.
- Hire and retain a staff with excellent professional qualifications and public service skills.